例：Write an essay describing “逗比”.
3. 恰当运用描述性词语。描述一个概念的时候，请避免过大过宽的词，如：good, nice, bad, beautiful.
A descriptive essay should create a vivid picture of the topic in the reader’s mind. You may need to write a descriptive essay for a class assignment or decide to write one as a fun writing challenge. Start by brainstorming ideas for the essay. Then, outline and write the essay using sensory detail and strong description. Always polish your essay and proofread it so it is at its best.
Choose a person to describe. One option for a topic is to describe a person that you know well in your life. This could be a family member like your mother or your father. It could also be a best friend, a coworker, or a mentor. Choose a person that you have a lot to write about so you have enough material for the essay.
- You could also choose a fictional person to write about, such as a character in a book, a story, or a play. You could write about a character on your favorite TV show or video game.
Pick a place or object to describe. Another option is to focus on a specific place or object that you have strong feelings about. This could be a place like your high school, your workplace, or your childhood home. You could also write about an important family heirloom or a gift from a friend.
- Another take on this option is to write about a made up place or object, such as the fantastical school in your favorite book or the magic wand from your favorite TV show.
Select an emotion to describe. Some descriptive essays are about an emotion that you connect to or relate to. You may choose a strong emotion like anger, loss, desire, or rage. You could then try to describe the emotion using your own experiences with it.
- You could also choose a more specific emotion, such as brotherly love or self-hatred. These emotions can make for powerful descriptive essays.
Make a list of sensory details about the topic. Once you have chosen your topic, draw five columns on a piece of paper or a word document on your computer. Then, label each column for the five senses, “touch,” “sight,” “sound,” “taste,” and “smell.” Write down as many details you can think of for the topic based on each sense. You can then use these notes in your essay.
- For example, if you were writing about a person like your mother, you may write down under “sound” : “soft voice at night, clack of her shoes on the floor tiles, bang of the spoon when she cooks.”
更多写作信息请点击 How to write a descriptive essay